Saturday, May 9, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!!

My wonderful son Walker and dear husband Bill gave me these beautiful roses for my Mother's Day!!! They smell heavenly!!!

He was so proud!!!I miss my little boy, but love my handsome youngman....and his father too...Here's hoping everyone has a beautiful and Blessed Mother's Day too!!!

And did I tell y'all...


That I went to my TAODA meeting today and met Angela Jarecki!!!!
what a wonderfully talented and kind person she is!!! I drooled over her delicate
and very beautiful creations!!!Of course there were other equally talented ladies there too, all came with a wonderful creation of their own too!!Look for yourselves!!
Two of my favorite people
The lovely Janet Bodin and her gorgeous cloth doll, she made the clothing using the "free motion" sewing technique over yarn, all sewn on a medium that dissolves when wet? So that all she is left with is the sewn fabric!Janet was also being featured in a popular publication "Soft Dolls"


Sweet Neva Waldt was asked to be featured in Art Doll Quarterly !!!As soon as I get my information straight I'll put in here, she told us but "Al" is working overtime lately and I can't remember!!!!!! Here she is showing with a calendar of the beautiful art of a russian artist which I can't even begin to pronounce let alone write!?!!???

Beth Akin is such a gentle funny lady, she made bread dough people and is calling them "The Bushes" as in bush people of Africa? They look like fun, I think I'll try it myself!!!

I met Joan Pratt for the first time and she showed a wonderful clay and polymer doll
with an linen dress made from her grandmother's beautiful blue antique handkerchief.
she is called "Always a Bridesmaid, No More"...she caught the bouquet!

Next is the always smiling Miss Annie Foley, I met her for the first time too, with her cute " Virgin Mary @ 14" with a latin inscription
of a Catholic prayer

Cute Gwen Ross here , makes lovely art dolls and very detailed music instruments!!!
And she's a teacher too, It shows when she does her "show and tell"
about her doll and paper dolls as well as her tips for taking great photos!!


Pretty Mary Wiggins and her " Collette "and the only person who's name slipped my mind, I cannot for the life of me remember, ....I'm so sorry!!! these two kind ladies went to a " Dutch Touch"
workshop with the fabulous Ankie Daanen and Merlaine Verhelst , they have very distinctive features and anyone who knows their work can recognize them anywhere!!!
the each hold their prize possesions with the dutch touch!!!The fabrics are so rich and luxurious!



I had a great time and didn't want to leave!!! I'm sure I missed something important but time waits for no one so off to bed I go!! Happy mothers day All!!!

12 comments:

vivian said...

wonderful dolls! I went to a doll show yesterday. but there was nothing like these dolls there.. though I love the old antiquey dolls. It would be fun to go somewhere and see lots of art dolls!
Happy mothers Day!
hugs
vivian

yoborobo said...

Happy Mother's Day, Flora!

Beautiful roses, and beautiful dolls!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

xo Pam

LDWatkins said...

Thanks for showing all of these great artists. I, too, am a member of TAODA but live too far away to attend meetings. I did get to meet the ones at the Dutch Touch workshop and enjoyed them soooo much. Thanks again Flora!

FairiesNest said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Flora! And thank you so much for sharing those inspiring and drool worthy photos!

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Wow! I would have been in heaven :)
Lovely roses too!

Happy Mothers Day Flora!

Zan Asha said...

Wow Flora! Looks like you had a very productive mother's day! Everything looks great, all of those wonderful dolls, and the roses! Happy Mother's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Wow it sure looks like you had fun with all these talented doll artists...

And I know what you mean about missing your little boy... I too miss mine, but yes he also has grown into a great human being and I love him just as much~
Pattee

Flora said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone!!!!
blessings,Flora

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and equally great day...love the different dolls and artists...

Happy Mommy Day Flora

Smiles
Sonia ;)

Flora said...

Hello Sonia and thanks I hope your mom's day was wonderful too!!
blessings,
Flora

Anonymous said...

Flora for better or worse I tagged you ~
Go to my blog to see...
http://odd-dolls.blogspot.com

Flora said...

Thanks a bunch Pattee!!!!
Blessings,Flora