Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Angel Hope doll





Hello, i guess this is a good time to begin this blog. I have been busy creating and this is the latest, of my creations....let me introduce you all to my angel "Hope'',she was created, due to the birth, of very special baby named ''Ava Grace'', who was born with pfeiffer syndrome, I was honoured to be allowed to be a part of this wonderful group of artist who are all donating time and talent to help defray hospital expenses for her and her family. This is her site ,please click on it to find out more about it http://www.avagraceangelsunaware.com/

the silent auction will go from September 16th-22nd. I hope you all will see what a worthy cause this is and bid generously.

Now I would like to tell you a little about my " Hope", she is an airdry, paperclay and osnaburg fabric doll , all handmade from my own designs with found objects, vintage fabric and lace, which was used to embellish her sweetheart neckline. I have used acrylic paints in soft muted tones to color her face, then she was given a light blushing of powdered mica. I also used mica flakes on her ''wings'', which are secured with silver colored cord high on her waist.
Hope has individual fingers except for the middle two, with light pink finger and toenails, I have applied a spray sealer to protect her. Her eyes are also paperclay, painted with metallic acrylics and sealed with a dimensional medium. Around her neck she wears a silver colored metal heart shaped pendant with a starburst design in the center on a silver colored metal chain with a clasp.
My angel at 23-1/4 inches tall, is made to be a shelf sitter, she does that with just a little back support or she can be displayed on a doll stand, she is not a childs toy and should not be treated as such.
She was a challenge to make but I think she was worth it, she really is a sweetie and I hope she finds a good home.
Blessings, Flora




No comments: