Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Green is the color...

...Of my new dolls eyes! I'm making a couple more dolls in the style of "Goldie",
The funny thing is that I cut both of these dolls from the same pattern, only I used 2 different types of linen. What a big difference, even from Goldie. The weave is tighter on both of these and one more so than the other,I needed a tighter weave to facilitate the separate fingers and although the weave is better for them it's not so good for the rest.







Well, back to the painting and dressmaking and.....
Blessings,Flora

10 comments:

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Flora your style doll "Goldie"Is just beautiful,She speaks to me, So soft so smooth and gentle.REALLY can't wait to see her finished!
((((Hugs Sherrie)))

Flora said...

Sherrie, that is so sweet of you to say! thank you and I'm trying to go as fast as I can to finish her, but too many things going on!!!
Blessings,flora

Doreen Frost said...

Wow flora...your hands are amazing...Looking forward to seeing your gals when they are done.

:)Doreen

Flora said...

I'm so glad you thinks so Doreen!
I love the look of separated fingers but it is soooo tedious, but so well worth it when I take the time to do it.
Blessings,flora

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

I love this doll with her adorable pouty expression. Her lil' fingers are precious too!
~Peanut

Flora said...

Thank you Peanut! Your avatar is so lovely, it's nice to see who I'm "talking" to! She's almost done, I'ts the extras that are gonna kill me!
Blessings,Flora

laughingdollstudio said...

Flora, you sneaky devil you--you can work with every medium out there!! I love your new doll and can't wait to see her finished.

Flora said...

Deb, you are too too kind!, but thank you!
blessings,Flora

Karen said...

Wow! Hopped over here from Cookie's blog...what an artist! Your hands/arms look so real! I cannot wait to see the end result, as well! *Smiles* Karen

Flora said...

Thank you Karen and thanks for coming to visit me!
Blessings,Flora