Saturday, January 26, 2008

Challenges, challenges and more challenges!

So I joined another doll group not too long ago ( like I really have time to make more dollies )and I had to come up with a dolly that a feebleminded prestidigitator ( Whew what a word...still not sure if I spelled it right ) ok, ok MAGICIAN, anyway what his feeble mind would come up with. I had this image in my mind of a witch doctor, and this is what I came up with. A bit demented huh? He's done in watercolor pencils on smooth bristol board, my very first, thank you very much! and I'm including a print of him with the doll auction.





I have been wanting to use this kind of gourd for a while ( I also used them for my Valentine Cuties ) so here was the opportunity, I decided to make a shrunken head dolly with it and started with a little glue over it then the clay, the magician above is the impetus for her and of course the doll group...hehehe! And this is what she looked like after.





I didn't like the way the legs looked so I changed them.


This is what they look like now, I added an internal wire for posing,( no she doesn't stand on her own!) She needed color so I painted her and she is now stationary.


Here she is before the paint,antique,hair and dressing.


A doll with a face that only her maker could love...sigh!
Blessings,Flora

7 comments:

deb wilkinson said...

Just amazing Flora!!!! Wow--he's truly AWESOME!!

Deb

Flora said...

Thanks Deb! and thank you for visiting me, hope you come often!
Blessings,Flora

SympleTymes/PrimitiveRose said...

Oh wow Flora you are so pretty and your soooo talented and amazing!I sure miss talking with you,Thanks you for tagging me, I have tagged 5others..I visit your wonderful blog often.I so enjoy your creations!(((((Hugs)))))Sherrie

Flora said...

Sherrie,
You are so sweet ! thank you for the compliments!
Blessings,Flora

SALLY said...

HACan't wait to see this one done. And I can't wait to get my wonderful devil boy, hope he arrives soon!!! Sally

Flora said...

Sally ,
this one will be on tonite! I do hope your devil gets there soon too!
Blessings,Flora

craftswithcare said...

Flora, you are an amazing artist!!
He is truly wonderful!!

Mithua